CAN Tanzania is a network for organizations and institutions working on local, national and regional levels with active involvement and work in sectors affected by the impacts of climate change in Tanzania.
- Non-profit organizations,
- International agencies and
- Institutions in the private sector working with climate change-related questions.
Organizations should be:
- Implemented projects or programs related to climate change (over the last 2 years).
- Able to show a track record of transparency, accountability, legitimacy and national recognition.
- Engaged in activities related challenges resulting from climate change (such as low-carbon development) in Tanzania.
Membership Application Process
- Interested organizations can find an application form on CAN Tanzania website (download HERE) or obtain a hard copy at the secretariat.
- The completed form should be submitted to CAN Tanzania secretariat.
- The secretariat will assess the applications and grant membership to respective applicant within a period of 20 days.
- Submission of the application does not guarantee the membership status. The secretariat will make recommendation to the steering committee for formal endorsement of the membership. The secretariat reserves the right to accept or deny the applications.
- The secretariat will communicate the decision of the coordination/steering committee to the applicant organization.