CAN Tanzania Activities
This is why the network is committed to act responsible in implementing the following:
- Mobilizing the public to take informed action to combat harmful sources that lead to climate change;
- Build capacity among CAN TZ stakeholders;
- Cooperate with other NGOs in addressing destructive human activities leading to climate changes;
- Provide feedback on scientific research based and interact with the public;
- Liaise with environmental professionals;
- Collaborate with Tanzanian government in working out a national strategy on a low-carbon development.
- Collaborate with the best universities and journalism schools in Tanzania in promoting climate change education.
Our work focuses on:
- Raising awereness programmes and advocacy work
- Participating in and develping climate change mitigation and adaptation programmes
- Forstering low-carbon development through collaborative work with the Tanzanian government
- Promoting energy efficiency
- Supporting agriculture to become more climate resilient
- REDD+ programmes (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation)
- Programmes promoting sustainable use of water resources.